HOW DO I GET THERE?
Our “gateway city” for all arrivals/pickups/returns is Lander, Wyoming, a keen mountain town with a genuine outdoor vibe. It’s a mix of folks that include mountain climbers, cowboys, healers, Indians, non-conformists, and people like us! There are great places to eat, a home-grown microbrewery, and an eclectic assortment of art shops, coffee bistros, and outdoor gear retailers.
Plan on arriving in Lander, Wyoming on the day before the trip start day, and flying out the day after the trip end date.
- Get yourself to Central Wyoming Airport, with United Airlines/United Express. Book your flights from anywhere the United Airlines is available and you can get right to Central Wyoming Airport (RIW). If you fly into Denver by another carrier, you will need to book your flights between Denver and Riverton separately through United Airlines. OR, fly in to Denver, Salt Lake City, Jackson or Casper, Wyoming and rent a car to drive in to Lander across our beautiful state. We’ll have you leave your rental car at the hotel for the week and ride the shuttle out and back from horse camp.
- Get yourself from Central Wyoming Airport to Lander, and back to the airport – You must have your transportation from the airport to Lander and back to the airport booked well in advance. No transportation shuttles or taxis are standing by when flights arrive. Book your shuttle transportation between the airport and Lander with one of the following transportation companies:
- PREFERRED PARTNER: Classic Cruise Control – Starting in 2020, all of our transportation between Lander and camp will be conducted by this local shuttle company. They can also do your airport pickups and returns as well at competitive rates, so we recommend you book that with them directly by calling 307.575.8602 or emailing Christian at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ShareARideWyoming.com Call Cindy directly to make your reservations well in advance! 307.696.6116 or email her email@example.com
- There are no rental car services available at Central Wyoming Airport at this time.
- Get yourself a room in Lander the night before and the night after your ride week –Host Hotel: Rodeway Inn Pronghorn Lodge, 307.332.3940 in Lander. Mention that you are with Blue Sky Sage and you’ll get a discounted rate! You need to plan on staying here the night before your ride with us begins, and again on the last day of your ride week. Classic Cruise Control will pick you up here at 10:00 a.m. on Day 1 of your ride week, and will stop in town for you to pick up your beer, wine, soda, etc. for the week. On Day 7, departure from camp is around 12:00 p.m. and you will be back to the hotel by 2:00 p.m. or so.
- Beginning in 2020, we ask that no one fly out on the same day we are going back to town, as the schedule for transporting people back to the airport is just too tight. Also, we prefer that if you are driving in a rental car from Denver, Salt Lake City, or Jackson that you meet us in Lander at the Pronghorn Lodge and leave your car there for the week. Our road out to camp seems to eat up rental car tires, so let us worry about that so you don’t have to!
Please send us your travel itinerary and schedule with confirmations of everything to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Wind River Country website for more information.
Shuttle Transportation To and From the Horse Camp:
Round trip shuttle transportation between the horse camp and Lander, Wyoming is included as part of your Blue Sky Sage trip price, so it is complimentary. We have made all the arrangements for this, so you don’t have to make any separate reservations for this leg of your journey. Beginning in 2020 we will have Classic Cruise Control, a local shuttle company, operating this service for us. The shuttle departs from the Pronghorn Lodge by 10:00 a.m. on Day 1, at which time we go to the grocery and liquor store for last-minute purchases before heading out. We recommend guests fly into the Central Wyoming Airport through United Airlines on the DAY BEFORE Day 1 of your trip with Blue Sky Sage is to begin, and plan on spending the night. Return to Lander on Day 7 will again be around 2:00 p.m. so we recommend staying in Lander that evening as well. Reminder: The price of your Blue Sky Sage trip does not include any pre-or post- trip expenses. These costs may include but are not limited to: airline tickets, shuttle transfers between the hotel and the airport, rental vehicles, lodging or meals or personal items purchased.