HOW DO I GET THERE?
Our “gateway city” for all arrivals/pickups/returns is Lander, Wyoming, a keen mountain town with a genuine outdoor vibe. It’s a mix of folks that include mountain climbers, cowboys, healers, Indians, non-conformists, and people like us! There are great places to eat, a home-grown microbrewery, and an eclectic assortment of art shops, coffee bistros, and outdoor gear retailers.
Plan on arriving in Lander, Wyoming on the day before the trip start day, and flying out the day after the trip end date.
- Get yourself to Riverton Regional Airport, with United Airlines/United Express. Book your flights from anywhere the United Airlines is available and you can get right to Riverton Regional Airport (RIW) If you fly into Denver by another carrier, you will need to book your flights between Denver and Riverton separately through United Airlines. OR, fly in to Denver, Salt Lake City, Jackson or Casper, Wyoming and rent a car to drive in to Lander across our beautiful state. We recommend you leave your rental car at the hotel for the week and ride the shuttle out and back from horse camp.
- Get yourself from Riverton Regional Airport to Lander, and back to the airport – You must have your transportation from the airport to Lander and back to the airport booked well in advance. No transportation shuttles or taxis are standing by when flights arrive. Book your shuttle transportation from the airport with one of the following transportation companies:
- Classic Cruise Control – 307.575.8602 or email@example.com
- ShareARideWyoming.com Call Cindy directly to make your reservations well in advance! 307.696.6116 or email her firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rental car service at Riverton Regional Airport is available through Hertz.
- Get yourself a room in Lander the night before and the night after your ride week –Host Hotel: Rodeway Inn Pronghorn Lodge, 307.332.3940 in Lander. Mention that you are with Blue Sky Sage and you’ll get a discounted rate! You need to plan on staying here the night before your ride with us begins, and again on the last day of your ride week. We will pick you up here at 10:00 a.m. on Day 1 of your ride week. On Day 7, we will have you back here by 2:00 p.m.
Please send us your travel itinerary and schedule with confirmations of everything to email@example.com
Visit the Wind River Country website for more information.
Shuttle Transportation To and From the Horse Camp:
Round trip shuttle transportation between the horse camp and Lander, Wyoming is included as part of your Blue Sky Sage trip price, so it is complimentary. Beginning in 2020 we will have a local company operating this service for us. The shuttle departs from the Pronghorn Lodge by 10:00 a.m. on Day 1, at which time we go to the grocery and liquor store for last-minute purchases before heading out. We recommend guests fly into the Riverton Regional Airport on the DAY BEFORE Day 1 of your trip with Blue Sky Sage is to begin and plan on spending the night. Return to Lander on Day 7 will again be around 2:00 p.m. so we recommend staying in Lander that evening as well. Reminder: The price of your Blue Sky Sage trip does not include any pre-or post- trip expenses. These costs may include but are not limited to: airline tickets, vehicle transfers, rental vehicles, lodging or meals or personal items purchased.